How to Start and Operate your Generator (Different Brands & Models)
In this guide we provide basic steps by steps guide and videos on how to start and operate different generator models and brands. Can’t start your generator? Read our having trouble starting your generator guide.
How to Start Champion Generator
• Check for the oil gauge in the generator, remove the oil fill cap and add oil while on a flat surface.
• Open the fuel tank cap and slowly pour in fuel gas (gasoline) into the tank until it reaches a considerable level. Ensure you do this carefully by keeping a quarter space while adding fuel into the container.
• Turn on the fuel valve for your champion generator, then move the generator to a well-ventilated space on a flat level surface for free flow of fuel.
• Once you have unrestricted airflow around the generator, turn the fuel valve to an OPEN position. This allows for an adequate supply of fuel through the carburetor to the generator engine.
• Then, move the choke lever to the OPEN position.
• Open the ignition for the generator.
• Pull the recoil starter against resistance to switch on the generator engine.
• Change the position of the choke lever to the opposite direction once the engine whirls up
• Then, you can plug in all electrical devices to get an adequate power supply.
how to start and operate a Champion model 76533 generator.
How to Start Generac Generator
• Place your Generac generator in an area with enough air supply and ensure it has enough fuel in it.
• If the fuel is relatively low, buy and fill up the fuel tanker with enough fuel gas. Also, check the level of oil and color to see if it needs a refill.
• Put on the fuel valve in the ON position for easy flow of fuel to your engine.
• Then check the choke and place it in an ON position before you power on your generator.
• Put ON the power ignition and pull the recoil starter to power the generator engine. Once the engine starts running, turn the choke back to the OFF position.
how to start and operate a Generac GP5500 generator.
How to Start Honda Generator
• Turn off the Ac circuit breaker so it can start easily. Starting your generator with a load connected may become problematic if the AC circuit breaker is in the ON position.
• Check the fuel valve and ensure it is in the ON position. Also, pull out the choke rod in a closed position.
• Put the auto-throttle switch in the off position and start the engine.
• If you want to start the engine with a recoil starter, put the engine switch to the ON position and pull the starter grip to generate power.
• However, if you want to use a battery starter with an ignition system, put the engine switch in an ON position. Then use the ignition key to operate the Honda generator.
• Let the engine run for a while and place the choke in the OPEN position.
And that ends the process of starting your Honda Generator.
how to start and operate a Honda EU2200i generator.
How to Start Onan Generator
• Push and hold the switch on START until the generator engine starts.
• Do this till you notice flashes on the status indicator screen that displays during preheating and cranking.
• This preheating period may take up to 15 seconds before cranking begins. The status indicator will stay on when the starter disconnects, indicating that the generator set is running. Note that the generator set will automatically stop cranking if it does not start within a set time.
• For top performance and engine life, let the engine run for at least 2 minutes before applying the load.
• Check for fuel, oil, and exhaust leaks at the generator set. If leaks are found, make sure to stop the generator and make repairs before you restart.
how to start and operate an Onan generator.
How to Start Yamaha Generator
There are two ways to start the Yamaha generator. It is either through ignition running on battery or a pull–starter running on fuel gas to power on your appliances.
To start the Yamaha generator through the battery:
• Put on the fuel valve and press in the generator choke.
• Then ignite the generator through the ignition key and switching the key to the ON position, then START to power the engine.
• Press the choke again to enable the generator to run efficiently.
• You can put on the Eco-mode when you want low-power appliances to charge or power on.
On the other hand, if the power of the battery in the Yamaha generator isn’t sufficient or relatively low.
• Follow the usual procedure in steps 1 and 2, then pull the recoil starter to start up the generator.
• Press the choke again and leave to keep running.
• With this, you can connect your electrical appliances.
how to start and operate a Yamaha EF1000iS, EF2000iS and EF2000iST generator.